Massage: Get in touch with its many benefits.
Massage can be a powerful tool to help you take charge of your health and well-being. If you've never tried massage, learn about its possible health benefits. See if it's right for you.
According to the American Journal of Pain Management, massage therapy is proven to provide "significant reductions in acute and chronic pain and increased muscle flexibility and tone."
- Reduces stress by activating the parasympathetic nervous system
- Eliminates headaches
- Relieves sore muscles and back pain
- Increases white blood cells by 85%.thus dramatically decreasing illness
- Improved circulation by the dilation of blood vessels, relieving congestion throughout the body
- Increased lymph drainage by acting as a mechanical cleanser and hastening the elimination of waste
- Induces relaxation that has a sedative, stimulating or even exhausting effect on the nervous system
- Relieves mental and physical fatigue
- Improves muscle tone by helping to prevent or delay muscular atrophy resulting from forced inactivity
- Reduces muscle atrophy due to lack of exercise
- Flushes the body of toxins and waste which supports the immune system
- Promotes overall wellness
- Assists in constipation and diarrhea
- Increases metabolism assisting in weight loss